Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

my dog is panting and shaking and her stomach is gurgling very

Customer Question
loud . she is a...
my dog is panting and shaking and her stomach is gurgling very loud . she is a 5 lb 8 yr old chihuahua. this happened on monday and i took her to my vet and he took exrays and all looked fine. he gave her a couple of injections and she was ok yesterday but its happening again now
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/5/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bob, Veterinarian replied 7 years ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
Loud noises from the GI tract are a symptom of a problem there. The medical term for this sign is "borborygamus". Something is going on in there and this needs to be reexamined by Lulu's veterinarian. A whole host of conditions can cause this sign and it should not be ignored.
In the meantime, you may be able to make Lulu more comfortable by giving her a Pepto Bismol caplet every 4 hours.
Feeding her a bland diet of half and half cottage cheese and boiled rice may help settle her stomach as well. Give her half a cup three times daily.
If you should have further questions, please let me know.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian