Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.
19741892

My puppy likes chewing on an old pussy willow tree branch.

My puppy likes chewing on an old pussy willow tree branch. Is there a problem with this?
Hello there,

The tree is not toxic to dogs. If the dog does not ingest any of the wood, it is not a problem. If the dog does ingest wood, it is not digestible and can cause obstruction. If this is the case, it needs to be taken away from the dog.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. I just want to confirm that her rather rapid breathing is normal for a puppy of her age. Even while resting against my leg (as she is now), she is breathing quite rapidly.

Thanks,

"Nervous New Mom"

The tree branch should have no effect on the breathing unless she aspirated a piece into the lungs. If that were the case, the dog would be coughing and off food. If she is eating and drinking normally, there should not be a problem.