Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Is it ok to feed dogs salmon skin

Customer Question
?...
Is it ok to feed dogs salmon skin ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2009
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Thanks for the questionCustomer

Feeding salmon skin is fine, but it may contain a lot of fat and so should only be fed in small quantities.

This sort of thing should not account for any significant percentage of your dog's daily diet but is OK for treats. You should cut it into smaller pieces so your dog does not swallow it whole.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian