Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

can u buy previcox online without a vets perscription i have

Customer Question
a bull mastiff with arthiritis...
can u buy previcox online without a vets perscription i have a bull mastiff with arthiritis she is nearly 9 years old
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/11/2009
Dog Veterinarian: Dr.Fiona, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr.Fiona
Dr.Fiona, Dog Veterinarian
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that your Bull Mastiff has arthritis, and would be happy to help you with some sugggestions of things you could try to help her.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy previcox without a prescription. The law requires a vet to examine a dog in order to dispense prescription drugs, and clearly an exam cannot be done over the internet.

If you would like, I can make some other suggestions?

Fiona
THE DOG GOES TO THE VETS ONCE A MONTH BUT THE PREVICOX IS TWICE AS DEAR TO BUY FROM THE VET AND I JUST THOUGH I MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY IT ONLINE
Unfortunately, no...

But you can ask your vet to provide a prescription (which he may charge a small fee for) so that you can use that to buy the medication on line.

Do you have your dog on any supplements like glucosamine?

Fiona
NO I HAVENT WOULD THAT HELP HER
There are a number of supplements that you could try that might help her and might well reduce the amount of previcox she needs.

I would like to help you.

I will tell you right up front that the way this site works, I can chat with you back and forth at no charge, for as long as we both need to feel satisfied that I understand what is going on with your pet.

When I then take this information and go write up an "Answer" you will have to pay your offered deposit amount TO THE SITE (not to me personally) in order to read the answer. The answer is blocked from viewing by the system until you pay a deposit.

Then, if you are satisfied with the answer, you can "accept" it - at which point part of the deposit gets transferred to my credit. If you are not satisfied, you can:

1. Ask me for clarification by replying,
2. Reject my answer and ask for another expert to answer it, OR
3. Reject my answer and ask for a refund (which will be provided by the moderators, not by me personally as I do not hold the deposit).

Does that all make sense?

Do you want to proceed?

I would really like to help you, but wanted you to know how the site works.

Fiona

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian