Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

can a dog get parvo if had shots. My dog is 11 months old

can a dog get parvo if had shots.
My dog is 11 months old and today had diarrhea passing alot of blood and vomiting clear fluid. or do you have any idea what might have caused this.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 7 years ago.

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. A few questions will help me get a clearer picture of the situation:

• How many vaccines did your puppy have and at what ages were they given?
  • How long has she had the symptoms?
  • Is she lethargic or not eating?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
3 different times as a puppy she got shots.1 round by breeder and then my vet did 2 more booster just to be sure all shots were in order
Symptom occured just today.
Not lethargic, but not eating much

Okay, thank you for the information. It is unlikely that this is parvo since the vaccine is excellent at preventing the disease and your vet has properly given her the vaccines. It is possible to still get paro I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are a couple of other things that can cause the blood and vomiting:

Obviously, puppies are known for chewing on things they shouldn't so that could be the cause. It is best to have her checked as soon as possible. The most important thing is to stay hydrated so offer lots of water or even warm chicken broth if necessary. If you have more questions please let me know.