Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate my birth control pills. What should I do

?...
My dog ate my birth control pills. What should I do ?
8/10/2009
Santiago Soto
Santiago Soto, Dog Veterinarian
Hello there!

My name isXXXXX; and i'll like to help you. Can you tell me....

How many pills you think you dog ate?
How along was it?
I think she ate about 8 pills
How along you think it was?
I'm sorry, I dont understand the question
Ok, sorry. What time did she ate the pills. Was it 5 min ago? about 1 hour ago?
Oh sorry, no I think she ate them about 8 hours ago... I just found the packet chewed up. She is not acting sick.
I see; Oak by this time, most likely she already digest them. However you can still induce vomit and try to reduce the amount of Hormones she'll get from the pills.
You can achieve this by given her some warm water with a couple teaspoons of salt.

If she has already digest them all, and if she's not spay, than she might skip her heat.
If she has being spayed, there's little changes you'll be able to see.

Don't think this is life threatening, however keep a close eye, if there's any problems you'll have to take her to your vet.

Hope this helps
Have a nice day!
Santiago Soto
Santiago Soto, Dog Veterinarian
Thank you so much! Very helpful!
I'm glad i could help you; thanks for the feedback!

Have a nice day!
Santiago Soto
Santiago Soto
Santiago Soto, Dog Veterinarian