Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 35 lb. dog how much asprin can I give her

Customer Question
?...
I have a 35 lb. dog how much asprin can I give her ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/1/2009
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 8 years ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
I guess I am a bit nervous as to why you are asking to give aspirin.
A few things:
1. If your pet has any history of liver or kidney problems, don't give it all. Please contact an ER vet for assistance.
2. If your pet is on prednisone (steroid) or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory like Rimadyl, Deramaxx, Metecam, Zubrin, Previcox...DO NOT give aspirin.

3. Do not give ibuprofen or tylenol

Here is a link about aspirin that contains the dosing guidelines for aspirin.
Hope that helps
Good Luck

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/acetylsalicylic-acid-aspirin/page1.aspx

Thanks but I already found the answer while waiting for you.
Okay.
Well, if you don't find the other information provided useful, including the precautions of its use feel free to not accept.
Dr. Andy, Medical Director