Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Motor runs but power lumbar doesn’t move 09 ram. When I push…

Motor runs but power...

Motor runs but power lumbar doesn’t move 09 ram

Mechanic's Assistant: The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do about your motor. Do you have any other details that could be helpful?

When I push the button the motor runs but no lumbar support

7/28/2021
Dodge Mechanic: william readon,
 replied 1 year ago
william readon

hi and welcome to justanswer

the lumbar is part of the seat back frame and usually what happens is the lumbar "bar" either breaks from teh frame or the frame itself cracks

in either case you need to replace the seat back there are no service parts available, unfortunately on a vehicle as "old" as your 09 the service parts will likely not be available anymore i would suggest a recycled (used) seat as the best course of action.

if you are very handy you can take the seat cover off and  have a look at the mechanism and see if it can be welded or somehow repaired, assuming the failure is in the metal if it's a plastic part it's possible to get a plastic bushing and drill it out to fit if the gearing inside the motor has failed then the used seat will be the best repair

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’m pretty handy I will just take it apart and have a look
Dodge Mechanic: william readon,
 replied 1 year ago

the cover should come off pretty easily 2 types were used 1 was a zipper on each side the other was a plastic fold over method it depended on the supplier and material used zippers were pretty common, i have also seen fully sewn together in that case you need to remove it like taking off a shirt

william readon
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’m done
Dodge Mechanic: william readon,
 replied 1 year ago

ok good luck in your adventure, there is no need to reply simply rate the service if you wish, you may see emails from the site they are site generated not directly from me you can unsubscribe in the email body