Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No problems yet but I have a question. I have oem power

No problems yet but...

No problems yet but I have a question. I have oem power running boards and when down my truck won't go in drive. What happens if the board malfunctions and sticks down how can I move?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure thing. How can I help?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your truck?

2020 ram 1500 Laramie

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2020 Ram 1500?

13750

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure thing. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Yes, I just put larger tires on and want to calibrate my speedometer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 2020 ram 1500 Laramie with oem power running boards. How can I move my truck if they malfunction and stick down?
7/11/2021
Dodge Mechanic: william readon,
 replied 1 year ago
william readon

hi and welcome to Just answer!

the truck won't go into drive or sets "autopark" because the door is open, which deploys the power boards, if the running boards malfunction they will stay either deployed or stowed and still allow the vehicle to be operated normally IF the malfunction is due to a faulty door latch or sensor sending the vehicles computers false information making it think the doors are open it will set auto park and need to be towed.

however there have been very few if any problems with either the door latches or the power side steps.

to recalibrate the speedometer you will need an aftermarket speedometer calibration programmer OR purchase a special "service contract" at the dealer.

once the contract is purchased the dealer will input the new tire diameter online and regester it with the factory then download the new calibration into your truck

price varies by dealer

william readon