Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need a dodge diesel mechanic. I have a 2004.5 dodge ram…

Customer Question
I need a dodge diesel...
I need a dodge diesel mechanic. I have a 2004.5 dodge ram turbodiesel with p2127 code problems.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
5/28/2021
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

What is it that you need to know about the P2127? What have you done so far in trying to figure this out?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your response. I have an account with alldata diy. I know the code is for the TPS. (Bye the way, i thought the APPS is the same as the TPS ) confusion is when my documentation is showing the APPS under the drivers side battery case and the TPS on the bracket attached to the motor. I removed the TPS bracket and disconnected the connector. Turned on key an measured voltage between idle switch and sensor return. Close to 5 volts. Diy said to replace APPS Did not go any futher. Accelerator petal works fine but will not shift into final gear. What would be my next option?

Ok yes there is confusion between acronyms TPS and APPS. TPS stands for "Throttle Position Sensor". APPS stands for "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor". In your case, these are two acronyms for the same part. IN your case the most common name used is "APPS". This is the sensor mounted to the engine. Your vehicle is not equipped with the sensor beneath the battery. The one under the battery would be for a gas engine.

So if your test is telling you to replace the APPS, you are replacing the sensor mounted to the bracket which is attached to the engine..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

--->> Click Here to view <<---(Right click and open in new tab)

Here is the diagnostic procedure. This may be slightly different than the DIY procedure. check it out and let me know...

In the mean time. I'll do some more research to find common causes...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this diagram for my 2004.5 dodge turbodiesel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The diagram that you sent me was for a 5.7/diesel. Mine is a 5.9/diesel.

The diagnostic procedure that I sent is for the 05 model year. Your 2004.5 vehicle is set up like a 2005 this is why I posted the one for 2005. Dodge doesn't make a truck with a 5.7 diesel. The 6.7 diesel didn't come out until the 2007.5 model year... so this procedure is correct for your vehicle..

Thank you,

Robert

I see where it says 5.7 diesel on the diagnostic procedure. This is a mistake (typo) in the service information.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will i be able to print a hard copy of the diagram? I am having no luck in doing so. A little more difficult to take computer to yhe truck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i send you a pic of my apps wiring colors and pin discriptions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will wait until he can call me.
Dodge Mechanic: ,  replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand about the Memorial Day holiday and you might have special plans. So if you want to wait till Tuesday morning to call, that's ok.

Sorry, I'm unavailable for phone calls at this time. Most of the time, for car questions, communicating via this site is best.. Makes it easier for me to post important needed information that you can use to fix your vehicle..

Send me what you can and I'll have a look...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the money that I paid for phone conversations?

For any issues about billing and payment, please contact Customer Support at***@******.***. They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, etc. - As an Expert, I only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.

Were you able to print the document I posted the other day?

You stated: "Can i send you a pic of my apps wiring colors and pin discriptions?"

Sure. Send these and I'll do my best to help...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, but i have requested another mechanic.one that is ok talking over the phone.

No problem, another expert is welcome to complete the call request...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert