Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Left side of the truck in the rear dips down in cold

Left side of the...

Left side of the truck in the rear dips down in cold weather , immediate air suspension service comes up , when I put in the garage for a bit and start, it goes away and the truck raises again only in cold weather

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the Dodge?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2015 1500 longhorn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I’m not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I baby it oil changes on time etc

11/17/2020
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
R Clark
Hello my name is ***** ***** to Justanswer I will be the expert helping you today.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok did you review the questions from earlier?No
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
I saw the siping question. Dose it work fine after you warm it up? And how long dose it last?Dipping not siping sorry auto spell
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Works great in warm weather just in cold weather it acts up
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Once you warm it up how long till it acts up again?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When temperatures dip down passed -6 Celsius
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok there are two issues you could be having. One is the calving in the pump is plastic and may stick when it’s cold and the plastic shrinks. The other issues is the control solenoids may be weak on the one side and not closing all the way to keep the air in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to take it in to fix?Thank you
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
I would recommend having it looked at as it could damage the bag on that side and that can get expencive. Also have them check for water or moister in the system.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome thanks
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. Please take a moment to rate your experience it realy helps me out.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Dodge Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Thanks.
R Clark