Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 6 cyl isuzu diesel in my truck. Model number 6BB1A…

I have a 6...

I have a 6 cyl isuzu diesel in my truck. Model number 6BB1A Circa 1987 I need to add engine oil. What weight and type of oil do I need?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

6 months ago. It has about 200 miles since the oil change

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '87 Isuzu?

The diesel engine model number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is in my 1958 Dodge Power wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just a recommendation of the oil I should use

8/18/2020
Dodge Mechanic: MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
MICHAEL
MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** for giving us the chance to help with your question. The weight of oil you should use would be 15w40. If there is anything else I can assist with let me know. Have a great day!

MICHAEL
MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician