Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have changed the battery but my journey still will not…

I have changed the...

I have changed the battery but my journey still will not crank and the brake pedal is hard

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes I have.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Journey?

2012 Sxt model 3.6 flex fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to do it myself as it will have to be towed to a shop. I have changed the battery and hooked a code reader up. No codes detected

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All lights come on but it still will not crank

7/2/2019
Dodge Mechanic: William Cole ,
 replied 3 years ago
William Cole
Hello this is Bill from just dancers I'm sorry about your no start problem and we will get it fixed. Please try jumping the starter to see if the starter cranks the engine over with the key on.
How is the best way to do this and it has the push button ignition so would I need for it to say acc or run?I'm sorry I dont have enough signal for a call I'm using wifi for this chat
Dodge Mechanic: William Cole ,
 replied 3 years ago
Oh you don't have to call it's okay we can do this by text. You don't have to push the button on the dash just put a jumper wire on the main post of the starter to the little blade on the solenoid of the starter Trump ties to post and see if the engine cranks over. But before you do that we can always do a battery retrain. And the way you do this is unhook the battery positive and negative off and take the car cables and touch him together for 5 minutes. Then hook them back up to the battery and see if the car starts. This will reboot the PCM which might be in question. If the battery reboot does not work then try Crossing the two terminals at the starter and see if it turns over firelight. Please text me back and let me know how things are going for you thank you
I am unable to get to the starter the way it is sittingDo you mean the cables on the battery itself or under the hood?
Dodge Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago
Thomas Ragusa

hello, my name is ***** ***** reviewed what you were talking with William, his way to test the starter is a good test, but lets get some basics down first. The battery you installed, was it a new battery? and when you try and start it do you hear any clicking of any kind coming from under the hood?

Dodge Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

the other question I have is does the vehicle have remote start, if it does what does the vehicle do if you try and remote start it

sir and thank you for your response. The battery was new and yes there was clicking. I ended up pulling fuses and replacing the starter fuse 30 amp and the PCM 25 amp fuse and issue was solvedNo not remote start just the push button ignition.
Dodge Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

oh, I am happy that you fixed your vehicle and your back up and running. if you have any other questions now or later you can always ask.

I definitely will! This is an amazing service and very helpful
Dodge Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 3 years ago

thank you, ***** ***** to help everyone we can. have a good night and a wonderful 4th

Thomas Ragusa