Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 with a hemi engine car wll just…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 with a hemi engine car wll just stop runing and it wont cranck after a wail it well restart what i see is that when it wont crank the gear selector wll not light up

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

There is alsow a red light blinking i was told thats a security isue so a lock smith just program a new key and it does the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace battery and starter and had someone program a new key stll not working

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Dodge
8/8/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 9 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Your powertrain control module is going down for whatever reason. It will require some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem may be a wiring issue or an internal failure in the TIPM causing a loss of power or ground to the PCM, but it will most likely need a PCM.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.