Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had both of these codes come on when driving and the truck…

Customer Question
I had both of...

I had both of these codes come on when driving and the truck was basically in neutral. Reset codes and still no movement. It’s a 2005 Ram 1500 5.7 auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

I have a Superchips programmer and have reset the p0700 before with it returning to normal, but never the p0876 and now it won’t move

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t had time due to moving out of town. Had it towed to a reputable shop and they recommended replacing the transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have changed the fluid myself the last three times each interval about 30,000 miles. The truck has 119,000 miles and owned it since new

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Dodge
7/11/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 days ago
Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician
Hi I can help you with this concern. So that code is for your transmission pressure switch. Have you checked your fluid level while engine running and transmission in neutral? If so inspect the pressure switch wiring it will be the only sensor on the passenger side of the transmission sometimes covered with a tin shield. If it is visually ok I would put a sensor in it last. Let me know How it goes.