Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Got a 2010 Dodge Ram that has 16 plugs it's a 4.7 ...need to…

Customer Question
Got a 2010 Dodge...

Got a 2010 Dodge Ram that has 16 plugs it's a 4.7 ...need to know if I can use the earlier type piston which is a flat top and get away with it as far as having decent compressions well as not having computer problems ? Need to know will I up or lower the compression and by how much ? The only reason I'm doing this is to put a fire out ....I got a pissed customer n machine shop didn't come thru but I have a perfect bottom which is the same except for the pistons just need confirmation if it'll fly or why it will not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If they read what I just sent. A pro will have the answer

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Dodge
6/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: timdeiseltech, ASE Certified Technician replied 19 days ago
timdeiseltech
timdeiseltech, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

i want to help resolve your issue . Follow-ups are free after ratings,give me a few minutes to gather some info on your issue

i dont think you will have compression issue but i think you would have efficient burn issue since that piston is designed to mix the fuel and air with the indention in the pistons if is two much of difference you will be setting rich bank codes

beacuse it will need to dump more fuel to get the power it is expecting to get

so what iam getting at is no i dont think it is a good idea to do this

please take time to rate my answer