Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cranks won,t start. 2002. Starting fluid. It first stalled…

Customer Question
Cranks won,t start Mechanic's...

Cranks won,t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes starting fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It first stalled wen i hook up refrigerent for ac

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/31/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does it start with starting fluid?

Let me know,thanks Pete

tried starting fluid starts for a second then stalls

O.k., this sounds like it was just coincidence when hooking up the ac pressure gauge and is a fault with the fuel pump failing. If it starts on starting fluid this usually indicates a lack of fuel.

I would have the fuel pressure tested with a fuel pressure test gauge to see if fuel pressure is low. If it is then the power and ground signals need to be tested at the fuel pump to make sure it has the proper power and ground signals. If there is low or no pressure and you have the correct power and ground signals at the pump then the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete