Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2010 Dodge Journey only gets 12 MPG. Can it be improved?

Customer Question
My 2010 Dodge Journey...

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?

1 year ago and it was the same then.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, this is my first inquire

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dodge
5/31/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 22 days ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

There are some things you can do to try and improve it:

Make sure tires are all inflated properly

Make sure the engine air filter is not dirty

Make sure you have no brakes dragging

Make sure the mass air flow sensor is clean

If the check engine light is on have the codes read out and diagnosed and repaired

If these are all o.k. the only other option is to visit an auto accessory install facility to see if they have any aftermarket programming to install that will improve fuel economy.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete