Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My position of my a/c not work. 2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9. My…

Customer Question
My position of my...

My position of my a/c not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/30/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

What is the issue with your truck?

my air conditioner works well cools very well the problem is that it does not change the positions do not throw in the windshield in the feet and in front throws very little

ok give me a min while I look at some diagrams ill be right back

ok it looks like you have a mode door actuation issue, do you have a scanner to access the mode door controls?

No
You have any diagrams

yes next we will have to check voltage to mode door, in the diagram is where the door is located, check dark blue/white wire for ground and dark green/yellow wire for power

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rh7ayolm6p8rcw/thurs1.docx?dl=0

hows the tests going?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t get the diagrams