Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2001 dodge ram 1500 starts up and keep going dead and…

Customer Question
My 2001 dodge ram...

My 2001 dodge ram 1500 starts up and keep going dead and will start up two or three time and then wont start up again until the next day if at all, what could cause this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes it not the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have put a fuel pump on it cause I through it was not getting gas which it is now for sure, and I put in new plugs cause I through it wasn't firing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine light on?

no there is not a check engine light on
no thanks I don't have time
thank you anyway
this web site said that my answer was ready and all I am getting is more question

there is no one answer for this, we need to do a full diagnostics on the truck and I can help you do that, so if you would like this type of help just let me know if not I would take it to a shop to have a diagnostics done instead of blindly replacing parts without doing any diagnostics