Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Having trouble with it starting a couple or more times a…

Customer Question
Having trouble with it...

Having trouble with it starting a couple or more times a week had new starter
put on did not cure .taken it 2 our regular mec.,and our dodge dealer both said there wasn't anything they could do till it completely quits. w are retired and liked ging on trips but now afraid to get to far from home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they were fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 ramlonghorn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. we took to athourized dodge dealer and they run complete electrical lcheck found nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont think so thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/31/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition and it's going to require testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is wrong. I'm assuming that the starter does not engage when this happens. Some possible causes would include the transmission range sensor, wiring, powertrain control module, the TIPM, and the wireless ignition node. If no fault codes are setting, the battery and it's connections are good, the starter is new and it's connections are good, and there is no noise from the engine compartment when the problem happens then I would first suspect a bad wireless ignition node.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.