Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to replace etc sensor on 2004 5.7 hemi. while trying…

Customer Question
Trying to replace etc...

Trying to replace etc sensor on 2004 5.7 hemi. while trying to remove air condition compressor the passanger side moves freely. however a bushing seems to be keeping the drivers side locked in. does this bushing need to come out if so how

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just getting drives side of compressor free the etc sensor is simple to replace

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Dodge Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 21 days ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

The best way to get the compressor off is to rock it front to back to get the bushing to slide back into the compressor bracket arm. If that does not work, use a pry bar to pull the compressor up. Once you have it off you can tap the bushing into the compressor arm.