Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to figure out how to install hydraulic line into

Customer Question
Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out how to install hydraulic line into slave cylinder 01 Plymouth neon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Doing it myself the pin to lock line in cylinder isn't going

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to get slave cylinder out if I need to

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dodge
5/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 22 days ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

The line does not come out of the slave cylinder. If you follow the line up you will see where the line bolts to the transmission and the plastic line turns into a metal line. The plastic line from the master cylinder connects into the metal housing. This connection is where you disconnect the line. It has a quick disconnect . If you look at this fitting there is a white or blue plastic collar inside the fitting. If you push this plastic deeper into the fitting the master cylinder line will come out of the fitting.