Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced my factory radio with an aftermarket one but I…

Customer Question
I replaced my factory...

I replaced my factory radio with an aftermarket one but I want to use the factory one in the garage for tunes when I'm working on things. I have it mounted over the bench but I realized today trying to power it up, it's anti-theft. Do I have to go to the dealer to get the code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The code? I dont have one, I dont think. I didnt know I could reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I always have fixed it myself. Its out of the vehicle now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just tried to power it up on teh kitchen table with the 110-12 volt adapter

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/28/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 2 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

See your dealer.

do they just look it up?
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer prohibits the posting of radio codes here.

There are two ways you could obtain the code.You can try http://www.radio-code.com and they should be able to supply the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you, usually for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.