Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My bower motor quit working .I have no power ar the blower…

Customer Question
My bower motor quit...

My bower motor quit working .I have no power ar the blower or switch. I've checked all the fuses , replaced the resistor , ignition , and relay and still nothing!

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Its consistent just quit working one day.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1999 dodge ram 2500 cummins 5.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've checked all the fuses, under the hood and at the fuse box. Replace ed the resistor, ignition , and relay. I have power at fuse box, and ignition . But no power at the climate co trolls switch or blower motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't seem to find any wiring schematics from the fuse box to the ignition and to the blower.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked signals to the relay?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No how do I do that
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No! How do I che k the signals?

please calm down I am helping other people as well, its a busy weekend, ill opt out and let someone else help that can answer in 1 mins time

Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 27 days ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, I am Randall. The system does NOT work off power to controls or blower switch, its all controlled by grounds, Do you have a testlight to check some things? Let me know. Thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have a test light

go to the blower motor , unplug it, probe the GREEN wire, tell me how many volts. thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
You want me to test volts with a test light? There is 0 power with a test light.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I checked volts with the ignition on and 0 volts at that plug

sorry for the delay. bad storms passing over, internet went out. So you turned key ON, you unplugged blower, you probed the DK GREEN wire at the plug and sure, NO 12 volts correct? this is an important test

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
There is nothing.

ok, just triple checking you did that wire etc, I am pulling diagrams now. storms have passed. back shortly

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok

If you can read one, here is a link to the blower motor wiring diagram. You do NOT have power to blower with key on so.. the problem is power supply to blower NOT the control panel etc, it does not work that way. You said you change a relay but not which one. You need to change blower relay OR swap out fuse #12 in the under hood fuse area and fuse #2 in the inside fuse box. Fuse 12 is a 40 amp fuse under hood, and fuse 2 is a 10 amp at the kick panel fuse box, It shows everything in this wiring diagram. You a re to have 12 volts to blower when key in ON. Since you do not? it has to be a blower relay, or one of the 2 fuses. You change them even if they look ok. Here is the diagram. Look at top left

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , .
Keep in mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
Follow Up Questions are included in The price of your question ,So feel Free To Ask Me
You can Always come back to this conversation and ask me any Follow up Question you may? have
Many Thanks! Randall C

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I did change the blower relay and have power at the fuse box fuse # 2 , also put in a new ignition. And still no power.

and fuse #12? 40 amp? just no way to not have power to blower with new fuses in 12 and 2 and relay

I sent diagram for reference

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
YEP ALL FUSES AND RELAY SHOW POWER . BUT NOTHING AT THE SWITCH OR BLOWER ITSELF. THATS WHY IM USING THIS SITE. I CANT FIGURE IT OUT EITHER.

I was saying, you will NOT have power at the switch, it does not work that way. Since you put everything in caps? I suppose you are getting frustrated. I am here to help but apparently 2 of us are not being given the chance to help. None of us are there. I have been a master tech for 36 years. I know what I am doing but a quick answer? that is not possible. If you can not read the wiring diagram, that is fine, just tell me so I know how to help. Well. Im going to also opt out. Good luck with your repairs. Another expert should? be along soon to help.Save the rating for the expert that can help. Thanks

Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 27 days ago
Dan, Technician

Does pin 30 of the blower motor relay have power?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm not sure what you mean by 30 pin could you please explain?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Oh in the fuse box under the hood ?

It is the relay, give me a minute I'll get you a picture. Thanks.

The relay is located in fuse box under hood. If you remove relay you will see a diagram on bottom or side of it indicating pin 30. Let me know, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8k761xn1rlw9oe/bmr.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
pin 30 has power.

Pin 86 should have power with key on. Let me know, thanks.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Pin 86 does not have power !

Pin 86 gets power from 10 amp fuse in location 2 on interior fuse box. Let me know if fuse is blown if not check to see if fuse has power with key on.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The fuse is not blown and does have power with the key on.

That means the dark blue wire that goes between fuse and relay is broken somewhere. You will need to follow wire to find damage or splice in new wire which would be easiest option. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 days ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.