Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do i remove the washer fluid tank on my Ram 1500 with…

Customer Question
How do i remove...

How do i remove the washer fluid tank on my Ram 1500 with 3.7L motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram 1500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Do i have to remove the front grill

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/25/2018
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

what year???

2014
do I have to remove the front grill
are you going to respond?

procedures and pictures

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative cable from the battery.

2. Siphon the washer fluid from the washer reservoir (1) into a clean container for reuse.

3. Remove the grille from the front of the vehicle. See: Grille > Removal and Replacement > Grille - Removal.

4. Remove the two screws (5) that secure the inboard washer reservoir mounting brackets at the top and bottom members of the Front End Module (FEM) carrier (also known as the radiator closure), just to the left of the cooling module.

5. Pull the washer reservoir upward far enough to disengage the two mounting tabs (2) on the outboard side of the reservoir from the two slotted loops integral to the FEM carrier.

6. Disconnect the FEM wire harness connector (3) from the washer pump/motor unit connector receptacle on the top of the motor housing.

7. Disconnect the reservoir washer hose (4) from the barbed pump outlet nipple of the washer pump/motor unit.

8. Disengage the reservoir washer hose and FEM wiring bundle from the routing trough integral to the front of the reservoir.

<div class="thumbnail-container ng-scope" "="" ng-click="vm.repairService.goToADConnectURL(vm.repairService.repairObject.url + '/image_article/1/')" style="box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; position: relative; font-family: app; speak: none; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; line-height: 1; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; display: inline-block; padding: 0px 0px 25px; background-color: rgb(243, 245, 249); border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 203); box-shadow: rgb(221, 221, 221) 0px 1px 1px 2px; font-size: 14px;">Zoom/Print

9. Rotate the outboard side of the washer reservoir (3) away from the FEM carrier far enough to access and disconnect the FEM wire harness connector (1) from the washer fluid level switch connector receptacle (2) on the back of the reservoir.

10. Remove the washer reservoir from the left side of the FEM carrier.

do you have any other questions???