Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My fob was undetected. we changed battery. still not

Customer Question
My fob was undetected...

My fob was undetected. we changed battery. still not detected. we tried to start per manual by placing the butt of fob to ignition button and now everything seems dead. My husband read online that I was not supposed to do that but it's on page 11 of manual. How do I get this car to start? dodge journey 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes we thought maybe battery as well. the battery in this car is not easy to get too

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?

I think se and its 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I said what I tried. replacing battery on fob. and we also tried jumpstarting car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
5/26/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition and it may require some electrical testing to determine what is wrong. If the vehicle is electrically dead though then odds are the battery is dead. The first thing I would recommend is to try a jump start (not always reliable), swap in a known good battery or have this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores and even Wal-Mart will load test batteries for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.