sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I installed a set of after market headlights and started

Customer Question

I installed a set of after market headlights and started getting check engine light and check gauge light. also the lights did not work correctly. had parking lights but no turn signals. Now it will not start, not even a turn over. Have any ideas. Mitch
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The light will stay on but will indicate for the brights.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 dodge ram 2500, 5.9 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have always done my own work. But this electrical may have stumped. And I tried to rewire the light after watching you tube. Now it wont start at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a single main fuse that I am missing to charge the system before start up?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on and you have at least a couple different issues. The starting issue should not be related to the engine light in any way. IT's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

Do you hear a click from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position?

Have you read the fault codes?