Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It starts and drives. Windsheild wipers come on and won't…

Customer Question
It starts and drives...

It starts and drives. Windsheild wipers come on and won't turn off. No power to the steering wheel electric controls, dash, windows, or HVAC

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It's done it twice. Both times on morning start up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2013 RAM CV Tradesman

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just got the vehicle and would like to fix it myself. The first time it happened i drove it on in to work and it started up and ran fine that afternoon, for a couple of days then did it again this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/3/2018
Dodge Mechanic: TIM, SERVICE MANAGER replied 3 months ago
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER

hello, can you provide me with the last 8 digits of your vin# *****?

DR812138

most of the time when this happens it isw due to a battery low voltage issue -- the wiper control runs through the body control module and if the body control module senses low voltage it whacks out and can cause wipers to come on by themselves and other issues-- I would load test and or replace battery at this point

Will do. Thank you.

Thank for using Just answer, take care