Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2010 challenger rt 5.7 6speed. I have a no start or…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a 2010...
Hello, i have a 2010 challenger rt 5.7 6speed. I have a no start or crank issue. i dont have the signal that goes to the clutch interlock from WIN, New WIN no better
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/3/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What year model?

2010 dodge challenger, 5.7 6 speed. will not start, PIN 10 on the WIN module I have 12 volts and nothing on PIN 11 when I try to start it, that PIN 11 goes to the clutch switch (i think). where does the WIN module get the start signal from? wire diagram ?

If you bypass the start relay with the key on to force it to crank. Does it crank and does it start?

Since it will crank but not start, you have more going on than just a clutch switch signal input. You have a no crank and no start issue. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool?

P0113, p0523, p0058, and it also has a U1411 and u1403, the voltage at PIN 7 and PIN 12 should be 12 volts?

Have you done any diagnostics or repairs for these codes yet, especially the U codes?

I can not confirm what pin 7 and 12 signal should show being you have a manual trans and those wires go to the TRS sensor on an automatic transmission.

I replaced the WIN mduel and the pass lock module and had 2 new keys programmed. No help. Wherever the wires from PIN 7 and 12 go to is a problem. I do have continuity from PIN 11 to clutch the clutch switch to start relay

I have nothing in my diagrams showing where they go when the part they go to is not on your vehicle. I will opt out.

Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 3 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

When you replaced the WIN Module and the PEM (Passive Entry Module), Did you program these modules to the vehicle other than just programming the keys? WIN Replaced routine and PEM replaced routine? What is the make and model of the scan tool you are using?

When checking for power on the win module connector, is this connector plugged in or unplugged from the WIN module??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

As you were typing this. I was figuring things out, the answer to your question is no, I programmed my keys, stopped there. I have a friend dodge mechanic is going to mail me a scanner.

Ok, Let me know what happens after you run the "WIN Replaced" and then the "PEM Replaced" routines..

Thank you,

Robert

After you do this, if still no start, I can get together some wiring diagrams.. Also post ALL codes retrieved here again. Then clear the codes then rescan after trying to start it and post the codes that return...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert