Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

05 Limited, when it rains, the driver sside seatbelt gets…

Customer Question
05 Limited, when it...

05 Limited, when it rains, the driver sside seatbelt gets very wet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Dodge?

Limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Has moon roof wasn't draining but blew out drain tube front driverside drains good now.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

Never had flat

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

We need to find the source of the leak first. I recommend removing the B pillar trim to expose the seat belt retractor. Then have someone water test it for you while inside. Have them focus on the doors and seals there then focus on the sunroof. If it happens to be from the roof then I would remove the headliner to get a better view. It may be more than just a drain issue.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris