Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Performance / Rationality I…

Customer Question
P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor...

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Performance / Rationality I have replaced the sensors (2), cleared the codes, cam and crankshaft still have to use start fluid to get it going

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

3D7KU28C93G850576 Dodge Turbo Diesel 03 250k

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Truck runs well just have to give it a shot of fluid no matter what warm cold or just shut it down

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Using a scan tool to monitor both the CMP and CKP while cranking, do both register about the same and in the range of 150-250 rpm?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris