Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It will not even turn over. 2007 dodge caliber. All the

Customer Question
It will not even...

It will not even turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2007 dodge caliber

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the lights will come on, and the starter will click but the engine will not turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Yes we are doing it ourself and i have replaced the starter so far

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you do get a click from the starter and the starter is good then the problem may be the battery, a cable or connection issue, or the engine may be physically unable to turn.

Have you tried turning the engine using a socket on the crank damper bolt?

Ok, sorry for delay been busy, i do get a click from the starter. But it wont turn over. We have replaced all relays and i put a new starter on. Battery has been tested and charged. I do not know where that bolt is ?

The crank damper bolt is in the center of the damper. The crank damper is the large pulley mounted on the front of the crankshaft.

is there a way to get to it with out taking everything off of the engine?

Through the right wheel well.

Ok, also it will not come out of park into neutral or anything.

You're probably not pressing the brake hard enough because the vacuum in the brake booster is depleted.

Yea that would make sense. Ok i will try the bolt in the morning we are out of light here and have these little biting bugs called sand nats. I will talk more tomorrow.

Great!

I have a quick question, what would cause the engine to cease? If that is what it is?

Liquid in one or more cylinders or mechanical failure in the bottom end.

Oh wow, i really hope it isnt that. Are the calibers known for that?

No.