Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Went to leave started right up then it died like it was out…

Customer Question
Went to leave started...

Went to leave started right up then it died like it was out of gas but I know it has a half tank in it and now it wont start up. It cranks over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No gas hog and started normal until today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if I can find the problem. Done nothing yet other than tried to start it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thats about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

K ty

Okay, so we need to check a few things first to find exactly what is wrong. Check fuel pressure with a gauge and check spark at the plugs with a spark tester.

You can get these tools at most parts stores to do these tests.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Great, so did that free answer work okay for you?

Thanks again, Ron