Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wont start theft device activated. 2000 Durango slt. Changed…

Customer Question
Wont start theft device...

Wont start theft device activated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2000 Durango slt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Changed ecm

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The ECM has to be programmed with your vehicle's vin number, otherwise it goes into theftlock mode. At this point, even swapping the ECMs out and reinstalling the old one will not resolve it as once the incorrect vin number was read, the theftlock will not "see" the correct vin when original ecm is reinstalled.

Unfortunately this is going to require a DRB3 dealer level scan tool to reprogram it at this point.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

well i just wasted your time and my money

HI,

Sorry about that, but to tell you anything else would waste your time and be incorrect

I did not know i had to pay for each response. What a rip off

Until you give a rating, it is a fully refundable deposit that you can request at anytime by utilizing the contact link at bottom of your page.