Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and the electronic throttle…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Dodge...
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and the electronic throttle control light came on in the truck is running poorly. I replaced the electronic throttle control body which helped slightly. But the truck is still will not accelerate and is running at a high idle speed. Do you have any suggestions about what to do next? The electronic throttle control light is still on.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Master Tech replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, there is also a reflash to help take care of this concern. The Powertrain control module will need to be reprogrammed with the replaced throttle body to stop having this issue. You will need to see the dealer to have the update performed.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.