Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trany wont shift to third. Iit started by skipping first. I…

Customer Question
Trany wont shift to...

Trany wont shift to third

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Iit started by skipping first

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

I replaced kickdown sloenoid now now third

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

05 4.7 4 wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also replaced both filters. gskets on old solenoid were pretty beat up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Dodge Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Master Tech replied 3 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, sorry I got bumped off the internet for a bit. When the trans has the issue does it slip into neutral? Or does it hang in second gear and wont try to upshift? WHat is the condition of the fluid? Any debris int he trans pan? No warning lights or codes stored?

Sorry I lost you. I hope you come back. It actually seems to shift into neutral or down shift into 1st. Hard to tell with rpms in the 4000s. If I keep it in D2 it doesn't shift to neutral/1st. Stays in second. Fluid is new. Some clutch material after first change/none after second. New codes are: P0733 (gear three incorrect ratio), P0700 (Tranny control 5), P1790 (Malfunction immediately after shift)
Hello. Ok if you saw clutch material in the pan that's not a good sign. That along with it going into neutral and not shifting into first. Along with the new codes indicates an internal problem which would require removal and tear down or replacement of the transmission
The 1790 states it's a hydraulic or mechanical fault.