Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Battery is dead, truck is locked key will not unlock door.

Customer Question
battery is dead, truck...

battery is dead, truck is locked key will not unlock door

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Hood is latched down and can't open hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 1500 sport dodge ram

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried to open hood

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
4/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are a couple things you could do.

If you have a jump box you could carefully connect the ground to the engine and the positive to the positive cable on the starter, and then press the unlock button on the fob.

You could also use a lockout kit such as this one. Most towing services will have one if you don't want to purchase one.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.