Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 Dodge Ram truck doors locking constantly when fob is in…

Customer Question
2013 Dodge Ram truck...

2013 Dodge Ram truck doors locking constantly when fob is in house and I am outside hearing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

One battery was replaced yesterday Neither is outside

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the battery

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/30/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Pull the batteries out of ALL Fobs that are inside the house. Then check to see if the locks are still cycling. If they stop, it was one of the fobs. At this point put the battery back into one of the fobs. Check to see if it happens again. If not try the next fob. If it happens now then the fob is bad. If it still doesn't happen, one of the fobs that you replaced the battery on may have been reassembled improperly causing this concern...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Thank you,

Robert

It is not fixed. It is at dealership and they have not figured it out. Internet indicates it is a common problem with Dodge Ram truck.
Did you get to try my suggestion above before taking it to the dealer?
how long has it been at the dealer?
It is not the fob
have they been able to duplicate the concern?

I know you say it is not the fob but how did you determine that it is not the fob?

You said that you are seeing on the internet that this is a common problem. I guess you can say that it is. The FOB causing this concern has been common for me. I've ran across this issue a few times and each time it ended up being a faulty fob. Even though the button is not being pressed, somehow the fob is transmitting the Lock signal and causing the problem.

If you in fact did already try removing the batteries from all fobs and the concern continues, then I will say that the next most common cause for this concern on a 2013 truck would be a faulty BCM. This may show up on a scan for a stuck lock button or a code for the door lock circuit in general although it doesn't have to set any codes at all.

I'm online now for a bit so if you have any questions, I will be available for quick replies...

Thank you,

Robert