Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, engine light comes on all dash…

Customer Question
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan...

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, engine light comes on all dash lights and bells start to go crazy. head lights go off and car cuts off while I'm driving. Car then won't start, all power is gone from car. After a few minutes wait the car will start again. machanic can't find the problem! have replaced many parts, nothing has worked to this point!

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It starts out with dash lights and head lights flickering, then it start to loose power. Head lights go off and engine shuts off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I don't do work on the vehicle myself. I have electrical auto specialist who works with auto electrical issues only. WE have replaced the alternator, the battery, replaced several relays, and cleaned all grounds and ran new ground line from alternator to battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it except we still don't know for sure what the problem is.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 27 days ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Does the No Fuse Indicator Lamp-On Message - Each time the ignition switch is turned to the ON position and the cluster does not receive battery voltage from the IOD fuse, a no fuse indicator lamp-ON indicator will be illuminated. The indicator remains illuminated for about three seconds, until the IOD fuse is installed, until the trip odometer reset switch button is depressed or until the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position, whichever occurs first.​

has this been happening ?

these had a recall on the TIPM module ,click on link to view ?

does the mechanic has a scanner that can read all dodge modules or a basic code reader ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Dodge Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 27 days ago

does the temperature on the dash freeze sometimes ?

T​here is also tsb bulletin on updated software for the cluster ,ip panel?

SUBJECT:
Flash: CCN (Cluster) For Inaccurate Temp Display

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves flash reprogramming the Cabin Compartment Node (CCN or Cluster) with new software.

MODELS:

2010 (RI) Town & Country/Grand Caravan

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The outside temperature reading in the cluster is slow to update or is inaccurate. Dealers are required to Flash the (CCN) with updated software.

DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer states that the outside temperature does not change for several minutes or several miles after the vehicle is started. There are no failure codes for this issue. If the vehicle operator describes the above Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair Procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

NOTE:
When flashing the CCN on this vehicle it is critical that static battery voltage and battery condition is taken in consideration. If the battery is in a low state of charge it should be charged with the appropriate battery charger first before attempting to flash the CCN

Jerry, Master Mechanic