Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Key fob is pressed an lights flash twice instead of just…

Key fob is pressed...

Key fob is pressed an lights flash twice instead of just once

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Fob battery has been R/R'd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2005 Charger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I may be working it later... did have a front impact in the past month

3/29/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

thx

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Are you saying that , it flashes headlights twice like it is unlocking it , and it used flash once one pressed prior to the impact up frony ,how bad was it ?

any parts replaced in front where it has hit ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I don't know about the unlocking, but I was able to see the double flash after the key fob was pressed.
I am courious if an sensor is loose or the double flash is an indicator of a deeper problem ... ie. low voltage (operating voltage) in the system
Front impact put a hole in the lower front bumper cover only

ok, that should not be related as far as impact,?

but i believe this tsb bulletin is related ,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW TECNICAL SERVICE BULLTEIN ON THIS ISSUE

MODELS:

2005 - 2006 (LX) 300/Charger/Magnum

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

Due to a software issue in the FCM, some vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

1) Illuminated Approach may not function on the first Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Unlock request.

2) Fog lamps may stay on for a period of approximately 10 minutes after exiting the vehicle if high beams were in use.

3) Rear wiper may be intermittently inoperable when Rear Defrost is also active.

Please Let Me Know if you can view files

Thank You

Chad Farhat

TSB BULLETIN

You need to have the FCM module re flashed, usually around $100 at dealer ,

if that is not the issue i would have the dealer scan it for any faults in any module in the car when you take it in

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
I will give you a 4 star. the answer was way technical and I will have to digest it. Thank you. I will reply when I find the fix. FYI