Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On a 1999 Plymouth Breeze the horn is on constantly if the…

On a 1999 Plymouth...

On a 1999 Plymouth Breeze the horn is on constantly if the 20A fuse is in. Looks like disintegrated washers might be a problem from other posts. Do I have to disconnect battery etc. to unscrew and pull the cover off of the airbag, like on other vehicles? What is the general procedure. I do have a steering wheel puller and have done it on a Town and Country and a Ford Ranger.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Excellent. I just had a number of things replaced / repaired. But the horn will go if the fuse is reinserted.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Breeze yourself? What have you tried so far?

ON the horn i'll fix myself if possible. I had plugs, suspension, tires, etc relplaced at a goodyear service center. Car runs great. Jus tthat the horn sounds whenever the fuse is in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

3/29/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I do recommend disconnecting the negative battery before removing the airbag. Let me see if I can find the removal procedure for you. Be back asap.

Chris

What do I need to do to rectify my horn problem

I have horn switch / information in the link below. This is from the factory service manual.

Chris

Once you get the airbag off, then you can see what needs to be done with the switch (washers, shims, etc.)

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Are you calling? Not sure what’s happening.
Phone call session started

Dan I lost you again. But I am also sending you some more info in the link below.

Chris