Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 dodge se caliber in super prime condition,

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 dodge se caliber in super prime condition, 64000 miles. however, because of where I live, rust is a problem. which brings me to the fact that I have severe cancer on the runner (part you place your foot on when you step into the car. in addition, the bottom of the car (running the length of both doors, then it stops. I looked at a lot of rocker arm panels but with so many available its too confusing for me and i'm sure that i'll choose the wrong. I like to use aluminium so that I can scour both sides, then use white enamel on part that shows. then spray (after 24 hrs) the car paint which is the exact color. to attach to auto i'll use 3-M spray glue ($26.00 per med size can) The problem I have is that I need someone that has more experience then me, and someone who can steer me to the right mfg. and what part(s) I need. Thanking you kindly and in advance I remain respectly, Edward McWilliams(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'M TRYING TO FIGUR WHAT PARTS I NEED. HAVE ONLY SCOUR THE FLOOR PART (UNDER NEATH DOOR) TO REMOVE RUST, THEN I SPRAYED WHITE ENEMAL PRIMER. AFTER 24 HRS. SCOURED DOOR PART, THEN PRIMED AND SCOURED AGAIN. LOOKS RATHER NICE.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I THINK THAT WAS ALL, THANKS

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/29/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

I can help you out with this, but attaching aluminum to metal is going to be tough if you have never done it before, its best to let a body shop install it and then you can do the painting yourself, and also provide the part to save money

I'LL TAKE YOUR ADVICE. WHAT MFG. CAN I GO TO? ALSO WHAT WOULD THE PART BE CALLED SO THAT I DONT APPEAR STUPID. CHROME STEEL WOULD BE FINE IF THIS IS WHAT YOU SUGGEST. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED A PART THAT WILL LAY FLAT THEN WRAP OVER TO COVER CANCER UNDER THE DOORS (2)

what your vin number and ill get you some options , this will take some time though, prob get you an answer in the morning