Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 Chrysler Aspen ...just had the T/C replaced and

2008 Chrysler Aspen ...just...

2008 Chrysler Aspen ...just had the T/C replaced and pressure switch.now I have a rattle or sound ..Like I'm running over a piece of tin or metal.It's intermittent. I had it back to the place.that did the work and they can here the sound but can tell exactly where its coming from.But sounds like it's center of the truck..thanks G.B

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

While I was driving the truck it was showing 3000 rmph at 60 mph...wasn't shifting right..thats when I heard the sounds the first time,this was about 2 weeks after the repair.,Truck was running great..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

No,a transmission shop checked it but.everthing is running great except for this rattle..not sure if its in the drivetrain or where its coming from..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all...

3/28/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! For this issue you will need to get it jacked up on stands or a lift and accelerate to replicate the noise while someone else tries to locate the noise, this is the same procedure I would have to do in my shop to find the problem

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok. Not sure I have the equipment to carry this out..are you wanting to engage the transmission while on the jacks.

yes you want to put in in drive to replicate the conditions that the noise is happening under

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thanks..any idea on recording the sound while driving..saw this once on suspension noises ..just a thought..

if you have a go pro those work well, ive seen people tape phones and then there is a chassis ear system, some auto parts stores you can rent those from to find it

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician