Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 06 300 srt8 6.1 i use a predator2 tune to tune my…

I have a 06...

I have a 06 300 srt8 6.1 i use a predator2 tune to tune my car now it wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Ive sent the pcm back to Diablo 2x now n it still wont start Yes i have checked them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 SRT8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am Ive checked all fuse n relays Tried jumping the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Unplugging the battery

3/28/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Is there a "red dot" illuminated on the instrument cluster when you are trying to start it?

What does this light do? Stay on solid, flash repeatedly, or does it go out after a few seconds?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Goes out after a few seconds
It goes out

Exactly what happens when you try to start it? Any sounds? Clicking sounds, etc?

Sorry, I'm unable to talk on the phone at this time. Most of the time, for car questions, communicating via this site is best.. Makes it easier for me to post important needed information that you can use to fix your vehicle..

Thank you,

Robert

When I try to start it it the red light goes off after few seconds the throttle body makes a clicking noise like a supposed to the fuel pump primes like a supposed to and then when you try to start it it does nothing no sounds no nothing after that

Do you have access to a multi-meter to run a few electrical tests?

I have power in my fuse box when the key is on
I have power at the fuse box an the starter
I hooked my scanner up to it n its not throwing any codes

Using your multimeter, go straight to the battery and measure the battery voltage. Post the actual battery voltage as well as the actual voltages at your fuse box and starter. When you jump the starter will it crank?

What is the make and model of your scan tool?

11.9v battery at both

Do you have a way to "Load Test" the battery? if not I HIGHLY recommend to remove the battery and take it to your local parts store such as AutoZone and have them run a load test on it. If it fails the load test, this may be why it won't crank.

What about your scan tool, what is the model number?

Also will it crank if you jump the starter relay?

No it wont

Ok, before we continue, we need to verify that the battery has enough reserve capacity to operate the starter as well as the vehicle electronics. The next step before we can go any farther is to remove the battery and have it load tested. Post back the results of the load test then we can continue from there...

Thank you,

Robert

Also, to make our communication much easier, please answer all questions that I post in each response....

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Cary York
Phone call session started