Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Radio stopped working. Went out and checked all 20amp

Customer Question
Radio stopped working. Went...

Radio stopped working. Went out and checked all 20amp fuses..none are burned. It has a removable face. I seen there was a reset button under the face. I pressed that and heard it cycle the reset but I still have no power on the radio itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I went to work this am...it worked fine. Came out at 4:30pm (8 hrs of it not being started) and I have no radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan just bought it, the radio isn't manufactuer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just check all 20 amp fuses. They are all okay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to program a new key fob, as the key fob doesn't work, replaced the batteries...didn't help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

It sounds like the radio itself may have failed. Remove radio and check the red wire and yellow wire both for power with key on and the black wire should have ground. Let me know, thanks.

I can't do that right now unfortunarely...I will let my husband know. I am at work.
I can't do that right now unfortunarely...I will let my husband know. I am at work. Could you tell me is there a way to program a new KEY fob myself if I order one, we thought it was the batteries, but it still doesn't work.

Give me a minute and I'll check to see if that is something you can do at home.

Ok thank you
I looked it up on the order form for the key fob and they say I would need a working remote to program a new one or you have to take it to the Dodge dealer.....just wanted to be sure.

I'm afraid you are right. I'd recommend ordering a couple remotes off ebay and having dealer reprogram them both incase one ever gets lost you can reprogram a 2nd one again yourself. Dealership will charge around $80 to do this. Let me know if you have more questions or run into questions, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Thanks.

Thank you...once my husband can pull the radio I will contact you. Thank you for the info

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. Thanks