Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 dodge truck cruise control wont work. put on computer…

Customer Question
2007 dodge truck cruise...

2007 dodge truck cruise control wont work. put on computer at auto parts store and nothing shows except fuel throttle sensor or switch? is this the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

NO it was just put on the computer and they said nothing showed that would have anythiing to do with the cruise control.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Dodge?

Slt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO it just quit working Saturday night and he just had the parts store check it. Trying to decide whether to take it to a dealer or try himself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No really thought it would be a simple answer the truck has 203,000 miles on it.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dodge
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 26 days ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.

a throttle sensor fault will automatically disable the cruise control

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
what do we need to do? other than dealer can we fix it?

whats the code number and I will tell you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The guy at the parts store didn't give him the code number.

well there is more than one fault code for the sensor so I would take it back and get the number

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok thanks

let me know what it is

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i just called the store and they did not remember the code but said the part was the throttle pedal position sensor

the problem with that is it interacts with the throttle position sensor so without a code, the only thing I can tell you is to replace both

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok thanks he will have to go back to get the code. Don't know that he will.

ok, well let me know if he does

Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 22 days ago

hows it going?

Jerry, Master Mechanic