Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need a wiring diagram for the factory auxiliary switchs.

Customer Question
I need a wiring...

I need a wiring diagram for the factory auxiliary switchs

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to see about that diagram for your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2012 dodge ram 1500 big horn

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

I am installing the factory auxillary switch on a 2012 dodge ram 1500. It did not come with it but I am using it to maintain a factory look for strobe lights

What switches exactly we talking about on the dash ?

what is vin # ?

what are you trying to wire fog lights ?

click on link to view pdf file

click on link to view circuit

Dodge offers a Aux 1-4 selector located on the dash. It will not be for existing lights. part number 6805 7288 AA. It will be used to turn on and turn off hideaway strobe lights. Which pig tales go to which aux switch and which are power and ground

sorry do not have that ,will opt out for other expert to help you

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is ***** ***** I'm ASE Master Certified and Foreman here at the Dodge dealership have been for 20 years and I will do my best to help...

The switch bank your referring to is for the Cab and Chassis Ram's, your 1500 doesn't come equipped with the switch bank. If you add the switch bank you still don't have the auxiliary PDC(Power Distribution Center). I see that you want to add strobes and want to control it with this switch bank.. To be honest I would just run a standalone switch to control the strobes. But I have attached the wiring for a cab and chassis with switches to better show you what I'm explaining...

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Do you need more help?

Its there any reason i cant wire the oem switches to "stand alone" without the pdc? Direct wire it in as the strobe wires its 12v off the battery and use the auxiliary switch to replace the ugly looking supplied switch. Having 7 wires into the aux switches as opposed to 8 makes me believe I'm missing a power or a ground