Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Fob won't unlock doors? Replaced it. 2010 Chrysler town

Customer Question
Fob won't unlock doors...

Fob won't unlock doors ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yep .. replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2010 Chrysler town country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just battery in fob so far .. was looking for fuse to take out and put back in .. if that works on the 2010 ? Did on my 2005

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Do you have more then one fob and if you do will the second fob lock and unlock the doors properly?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Do not have 2nd fob with me .. I'm out of state and only brought one fob

Are you able to access the vehicle at all and if so will the engine start and run?

everything works fine .. doors even lock and unlock using door controls
Fob locks the doors but does not unlock

If the battery was already replaced in the remote and you can still lock and unlock with the interior buttons and it starts and runs properly it sounds like the remote itself has failed.Since it locks the doors but does not unlock the doors this indicates an internal fault with the fob itself with it needing to be replaced.I have run into this several times before where it will operate one function like the locking but not the unlocking and had to replace the entire fob to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

The older Chrysler vans had a fuse you could pull and put back in
To reboot the locking system .. remember ?

On this one, unfortunately, the remote has to be programmed by either a dealers computer plugged into your vehicle to access programming or by a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can also perform the programming procedure.There isn't a manual way to reprogram it.

And since it does work to lock the doors but not unlock this indicates an internal fault with the fob itself.If it was a programming fault it would not be able to lock or unlock the doors.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete