Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can't seem to find a video on just hot to replace the

I can't seem to...

I can't seem to find a video on just hot to replace the heater valve... there is an arrow on it directing flow but I was not there when the old one was removed so I'm not sure what way to put it in.... does the arrow go facing the motor or towards the evaporator..?? thanks alot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No It snapped off on one side of the valve

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2001 ram van 1500 5.2 ltr the old 318

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram Van 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just ordered the part... I know where it goes and the vacume line is taped off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/27/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The arrow should face the evaporator I believe, but give me a couple of minutes to verify in the shop manual

HI,

The arrow does indeed face the evaporator

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Thank you. . Great. .just what I needed. . Review is great

you are welcome

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager